XIV on Mac is a better way to play Final Fantasy XIV on macOS.
XIV on Mac provides a way for Mac gamers to run Final Fantasy XIV on macOS without needing to pay for a CrossOver license, wrestle with setting up their own Wine environment, or dealing with Square Enix's "official" wrapper, which is out of date and poorly supported.
XIV on Mac:
- includes a native launcher written in Swift
- provides out of the box support for popular mods, such as Dalamud, Anamnesis, and IINACT
- performs significantly better than the official wrapper
- supports the latest technologies from Apple such as macOS Ventura, Apple Silicon, and Metal 2
- has day-one support for major macOS releases
- even includes a custom Wine distribution with further optimisations to DXVK/MoltenVK
XIV on Mac is free and open source software, with active development, regular updates, and community support.
Our current admin staff:
Marzent (Head Developer, Technical Support)
Seathasky (Project Manager, Support)
FleetAdmiralButter (Web Developer, Support)
Wyldfire (Contributor, Mac Development, Support)
Gcenx (Contributor, Head macOS Wine maintainer, Support)
- goaats - for the amazing XIVLauncher and cross-platform efforts.
- redstrate - for his nativelauncher which made dalamud injection very easy to implement without .net framework and his Astra launcher.
- tyrone-sudeium - for his LaunchXIV App, upon which most of the login flow code was based upon.
- Franz Renatus - for helping out with support and his ever useful Franzbot.
- QuantCDN - for letting us use their service free of charge to host our website.
- Codeweavers - for giving us permission to use their MoltenVK dylib from Crossover.
- Zoey Cluff - for her year long contribution to the project.
A big thank you to our community for sharing their screenshots with us and allowing their use as design assets:
- Bee#6283 (Jinx)
- Ruby Evy#9046
- Shark Adjacent#3063 (Ryl)